Monday, January 9, 2012

Thai Fresh Rolls

My husband and I began an unusual tradition on our first Christmas together.  We were living across the country from my family at the time, so Christmas morning was a time to celebrate with his family.  As we left to go home that evening I felt so homesick that he offered to take me out for the comforting familiarity of Mexican food.  Apparently central Pennsylvania isn't too into chips and salsa.  After two hours of driving, we couldn't find any comida Mejicano.  We couldn't find any open restaurants at all, except for Japanese, Chinese, and Thai.  Asia isn't too into Christmas apparently.  So thus began a tradition.  Every Christmas dinner that we have spent away from California has been spent in Asia instead.  This past Christmas, we found a Thai place near home.  Their fresh spring rolls were so amazing that I'm planning on making them at home tonight.  I had to search online, but I think I found a few recipes to test out.  I'll let you know how it turned out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?